Messenger is a powerful communication tool on the semilimes platform. You can create an unlimited number of Messenger channels for your company’s team members, allocate user access rights to different Messenger channels, hold one-to-one and group video conferences and chats, schedule events, and more (follow this link to read more about semilimes Messenger functionality).
Setting up user access rights in Messenger channels for a company’s team members is easy and straightforward.
How to create a Messenger channel?
To create a Messenger channel, go to the Company Settings tab in semilimes’ user portal.
You will find a section labeled “MESSENGER CHANNELS’’ as per the screenshot below.
- Click on the ‘+’ button to create a new Messenger channel.
- Enter the name of the Messenger channel.
- Click on the save icon to save the Messenger channel.
- Activate ‘Public’ channel if you want to display all the news in the company directory which will be published in this Public channel.
- Click on the cancel icon if you do not want to save messenger channel settings.
How to apply bots on a Messenger channel?
There are some built-in tools on semilimes’ platform which you can apply to a specific Messenger channel to receive notifications that are activated by specific actions. For example: ERP Notifications bot is a bot that can send notifications about activities performed on your company’s Workspace. To apply a bot on a messenger channel, please click on the edit icon of the Messenger channel as below:
After clicking on the edit icon all the available bots will be displayed.
- Showing the list of all the available bots
- Activate a specific bot for the selected messenger channel.
Note - The list of bots on semilimes platform is expanding. You are welcome to suggest what bots you would like to see/utilize within semilimes Messenger.
How to assign a Messenger channel to a user role?
The next step will be to assign the Messenger channel to a user role by setting different levels of access rights to this Messenger channel. All team members under the user role will be automatically added to this Messenger channel. To do so, please go to the ‘ROLES’ section on the company Settings tab in semilimes’ user portal, as highlighted in the screenshot below:
- Click on the ‘+’ button to create a new role.
- Click on the dropdown icon of an existing role to which you may want to add a Messenger channel.
- Showing all the Messenger channels available for the selected role.
- Click on the dropdown icon of a Messenger channel for which you may want to set access privileges for the role as below.
Showing the access rights for the selected Messenger channel:
Read – if activated, the users of the role can read the messages from the Messenger channel;
Write – if activated, the users of the role can write messages on the Messenger channel;
Manage Settings – if activated, the users of the role can manage settings of the Messenger channel. For example: changing the name of the Messenger channel, adding a member to the Messenger channel, etc;
Upload Files – if activated, the users of the role can upload files on the messenger channel.
If the checkbox is clicked, then all channel access rights will become activated.
If the checkbox is clicked a second time, then all channel access rights will become de-activated
You can also individually activate/deactivate channel access rights.
In this way, you can create a Messenger channel and allocate a Messenger channel to a role on semilimes.
31 May 09:06
The web portal theme defines the overall look and feel of your web site. This includes effects like color scheme, layout and style elements. The theme can be adjusted and tailored to your requirements.
30 May 09:42
semilimes is currently making major improvements across the platform. Below is a list of some updates we’ve made during the past week.
29 May 12:03
You can create your own web portal or full-fledged e-commerce shop by using semilimes web builder. There are two ways to build a web portal on semilimes platform...